My card share for the Happy Stampers Blog Hop today features the Botanical Blooms stamp set and matching framelits from Stampin’ Up! I cannot tell you how much I love these framelits. It is so easy to create such unique flowers with this set. I especially love the larger flower with the cutouts on the petals! And speaking of flowers, how about that gorgeous Birthday Bouquet DSP!
Here’s the sketch for today’s challenge.
I used this same sketch for another card a few weeks ago. I always think it is so interesting to see just how many different creations you can come up with from one inspiration point. If you missed my previous post, you can view it here.
Card Recipe and Tips:
Card Base: Watermelon Wonder card stock – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored and folded at 4-1/4″
Layers: Birthday Bouquet DSP (stripes) – 2-3/4″ x 5-1/2″, Blushing Bride card stock – 3-1/4″ x 3-3/4″, Birthday Bouquet DSP (floral) – 3″ x 3-1/2″
Flowers: Melon Mambo, Blushing Bride, Early Espresso, Mossy Meadow
- I brushed clear Wink of Stella on the blue flowers on the DSP to give them a little shimmer, although it is hard to see in the photos.
- I used a sponge to add some Watermelon Wonder ink to the edges of my flower petals. The effect is subtle, but it makes a big difference.
- Use a bone folder to curl up the edges of your petals to give them more interest. I also adhered the larger flower with a Stampin’ Dimensional to give the card depth.
- I couldn’t resist using one of the Botanical Garden Jewels Embellishments for the center of my larger flower. Isn’t it just gorgeous!
- I used the Fine-Tip Glue Pen to adhere the fern frond die cut. It is the perfect choice for really intricate dies.
- Don’t forget to finish the inside of your card for an extra special touch. I used a strip of the floral DSP along one side. (Here’s a little secret… I was planning to run the strip along the bottom of the card, but I got a fingerprint smudge on the left side, which changed my plans. In crafting there are no mistakes, only happy accidents which we can cover with embellishments!)
I love doing blog hops, it is so fun to see how different artists approach the same sketch for inspiration. Click the button below to check out what Amy Koenders has created for you today on the next stop of the journey.
- Amy Koenders
- Shelagh Fremantle
- Mary Deatherage
- Jari Francis
- Kristi Gray
- Heather Wright-Porto
- Heather Van Looy (You are here.)
I hope you will consider selecting me as your demonstrator for your stamping needs. If you need any supplies you can shop now in my online store! Feel free to drop me an email if you have any questions or if you would like a catalog. I’m here to help!
Stampin’ Up! Supplies Used for Today’s Project
If you would like to order any of the products featured in today’s project, click the images below to order from my online store.
Handcrafting with Heather Creativity Clubhouse
Don’t forget about my customer loyalty program when you place your orders. I’m offering double Creativity Credits during Sale-A-Bration! Click here to read more about the Creativity Credits program, my buyer reward program where you earn free Stampin’ Up! merchandise.
Let me know if you have any questions, have fun shopping!
Jan. 25 – Feb. 25 Hostess Code: 9KHWRZ79
Use this hostess code when you order and receive a set of rhinestones from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift.
Weekly Deals From Stampin’ Up! February 16th-22nd.
Click the images below to order the weekly deal products from my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through February 22nd.