My card share for the Happy Stampers Blog Hop today is another card that features the Botanical Blooms stamp set and matching framelits from Stampin’ Up! paired with the Birthday Bouquet DSP. Last week I shared this card that featured the same combination of products, but as you can see the cards are quite different. They do go together very well though! Could be the beginnings of a boxed set…
Here is the color combination for today’s challenge.
The color challenge was inspired by the Birthday Bouquet DSP. I just can’t get enough of the floral images in this paper pack. They are simply gorgeous! I added a little Wink of Stella to the flowers to add a bit of shine. I must say, I’m not a huge fan of glitter, but I am in love with that little brush! It gives just a bit of sparkle without being over the top.
Card Recipe and Tips:
Card Base: Watermelon Wonder card stock – 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored and folded at 5-1/2″
Layers: Whisper White – 4″ x 5-1/4″ (two – front and inside), Birthday Bouquet DSP – 3″ x 3-7/8″, Blushing Bride card stock – 3″ x 3-7/8″,
Flowers: Melon Mambo, Blushing Bride, Pool Party, Early Espresso, Mossy Meadow
- I brushed clear Wink of Stella on the flowers on the DSP to give them a little shimmer.
- I also used Wink of Stella on the die cut flowers and on the flower inside the card.
- I used a sponge to add some Watermelon Wonder and Pool Party ink to the edges of my flower petals. The effect is subtle, but it makes a big difference.
- Use a bone folder to curl up the edges of your petals to give them more interest. I also adhered the larger flower with a Stampin’ Dimensional to give the card depth.
- I couldn’t resist using one of the Botanical Garden Jewels Embellishments for the center of my larger flower. Isn’t it just gorgeous!
- I used the Fine-Tip Glue Pen to adhere the fern frond die cut. It is the perfect choice for really intricate dies.
- Don’t forget to finish the inside of your card for an extra special touch. For this card, I wanted to try out “borderless coloring.” I colored the flower from the Birthday Blooms stamp set with blushing bride, early espresso, and mossy meadow markers and stamped it on the white card stock. Then I used a blender pen and my ink pads to color in the flower. By stamping my image in the colors I used to color it in, I got a flower without a black outline. I think that this method helps the flower on the inside to better match the flowers on the DSP.
I love doing blog hops, it is so fun to see how different artists approach the same color scheme for inspiration. Click the button below to check out what Amy Koenders has created for you today on the next stop of the journey.
- Amy Koenders
- Shelagh Fremantle
- Mary Deatherage
- Jari Francis
- Kristi Gray
- Heather Wright-Porto
- Heather Van Looy (You are here.)
I hope you will consider selecting me as your demonstrator for your stamping needs. If you need any supplies you can shop now in my online store! Feel free to drop me an email if you have any questions or if you would like a catalog. I’m here to help!
Stampin’ Up! Supplies Used for Today’s Project
If you would like to order any of the products featured in today’s project, click the images below to order from my online store.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog
Handcrafting with Heather Creativity Clubhouse
Don’t forget about my customer loyalty program when you place your orders. I’m offering double Creativity Credits during Sale-A-Bration! Click here to read more about the Creativity Credits program, my buyer reward program where you earn free Stampin’ Up! merchandise.
Let me know if you have any questions, have fun shopping!
Jan. 25 – Feb. 29 Hostess Code: 9KHWRZ79
Use this hostess code when you order and receive a set of rhinestones from me! If your order is over $150, please do not use this code, but you’ll still get the free gift.
Weekly Deals From Stampin’ Up! February 23rd-29th.
Click the images below to order the weekly deal products from my online store. The Weekly Deals are only while supplies last and only available at these great prices through February 29th.
This is awesome! Love spray of flowers on the front with the watermelon ribbon and your flower on the inside is stunning!
Wow, Heather – this is gorgeous. Love how you added all the detail to your flowers and the embossed panel over the beautiful DSP! 🙂
Heather this is very pretty! I really like the wink of stella you used. It is a nice touch.
Wow, your coloring on the inside flower is absolutely flawless! Love the Wink of Stella, too. I need to try it out soon. I bought it but have not tried it out yet. Thanks for the inspiration! Beautifully done!
Beautiful card Heather, love the little touches and that flower on the inside is the icing on the cake!
“Stella” and beauty. You really got them together today!!! And I agree the flower inside is stunning. Well done.